If you know that line then you have seen Wedding Crashers. This blog has nothing to do with Wedding Crashers and everything to do with meatloaf.
If you are a mom and have a son like mine who hates anything green, then this is the blog for you!! I have tricked my “green hating” son into eating carrots, green beans and peas while eating his favorite food. Meatloaf.
I have tried so many different methods to make my son eat the food that he hates, which is mostly healthy stuff, but not always with him.
1. You will sit at this table until you eat all your food. Can’t watch your tv shows if your kid is sitting there, it’s basically a reward.
2. Screaming and yelling. That just doesn’t work people… ever
3. You’re grounded from… he just plays with something else
4. You’re grounded from everything! Follows you around and asks where babies come from, or makes new toys out of toilet paper rolls and other trash items
5. Catering to what he wants. It takes 45 minutes for him to poop because his body has no fiber
It is hard being a parent and the last thing any of us need is something to make it harder.
Enter my lots of Hidden Veggies Meatloaf
Ingredients, ground beef (can be chicken), bread crumbs, egg, bbq sauce and baby food… yep my secret ingredient is baby food.
I don’t measure anything by the way, I just “feel” what the recipe needs.
Blend all ingredients together
That’s a lot of bread crumbs… I felt too much
Cook at 450 for about 45 min to an hour
You have a happy kid who doesnt know he’s eating carrots, peas and spinach.
This idea is pretty versatile as well, you can use it for meatballs, in spaghetti sauce, if you coat them well, even chicken nuggets would work!